Self Catering - Holiday Rentals - Villas Apartments in Spain, Canaries, Balearics, Portugal, France, Italy, UK and Worldwide
- Who will process your personal data?
- The information gathered
At some/various points you may contribute your personal information to us. For example, in order to process a request or enquiry you may forward data concerning a property or transaction . We need to know all or some of the following , your name, address, telephone/mobile number, e-mail address, and, in the case of a member's (advertising) listing, method of payment. You may also contribute personal information to us at various other times, such as when registering on the website.
For further detail on how we gather of personal data, see Surveys and Newsletters below.
- How your data is used
We will/may also use the data provided to us to contact the user from time to time with critical user or service updates and to send email/ messages that we feel important to the service we provide on the website. If you have an account on the Site, we must always be able to e-mail or contact you of operational information about your account and your use of our services.
Your personal data is not shared with third parties, except in the following cases :
1) In the case of special promotions by us, or one of our partners, about which you've requested to be notified;
2) where a third party performs services on our behalf and has agreed to keep such information confidential ( e.g. such as the processing of your credit card payment or the conduct of an online survey);
3) Our Affiliates, but only for the purpose of complying with this Agreement.
4) In the event that we or the website are acquired by a third party, your personal information may /could be transferred to any such acquirer.
As a member of th iswebsite, you will receive regularly our newsletter, which is an integral part of the service we provide toour clients . Travel users of the Site will be given the option to receive our "Travel" newsletter when they registered. Users may cancel their subscription to these newsletters at any time through our website.
- Surveys & Questionnaires
Surveys & Questionnaires are another way by which we gather information about our users and clients. From time to time, we request our users and clients input in order to evaluate potential features , new markets and services we can provide . The decision to answer a survey is completely free and should you have the rightdecide to decline . We use information gathered from surveys to improve our product and service .
- Enquiries and reservations
Site users may directly send enquiries to members through clickable links on Site listings. If you decide to enquiry through these links, your personal information, including your e-mail address , phone numbers and any other information supplied will be visible to the member in question so that they might reply /contact directly to you. If you call the member, you may /could be asked to leave a return p hone /contact number. Do not share information in the e-mail or phone call that you are not prepared to share , including, but not limited only to, credit card and bank account detail information. These enquiries /information are sent both to the individual member you selected and copied to us. The resulting enquiry is available for review only by the member to whom they were initially addressed and to our customer service employee .You may be asked by members for their past enquiry information. While the content of these enquiries is not shared with any other third party, the website may, from time to time, use third party e-mail servers to send and track receipt of the enquiry e-mails .From thiswe analyze the pattern of enquiry usage reported by these third party tracking systems; the resulting information is used and stored safely only in an anonymous form.
- How We Protect Personal Information We Have ?
We take appropriate (to thebest of our ability) technical and organisational measures to guard against any unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal information . While no computer system is 100% completely secure, the measures (and steps taken) implemented by our site reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved. We have security measures in place to protect our entire user database and access to this database is restricted internally. However, it remains each user's responsibility to protect their data as well by implementing the following procedures :
a) To protect against unauthorised access to your use of the website;
b) To ensure no-one else uses the Site while the user's PC machine is "logged on" to the Site service;
c) To log off from the Site when not using it; and where relevant, to keep his/her password or other access information closely guarded .
- What is a Cookie and Why Do We Use Them?
- We use web tracking companies from third parties, to analyze your site visit s and to conduct surveys. While serving our pages, these third parties may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, e-mail address or phone number s ) about your visits to the Site and other w ebsites in order to help understand how to serve you better.
We may also use third party advertising companies to serve ad verts when you visit the site. These companies may use information ( again, not including your name, address, email address or phone number s ) about your visits to this and othe r websites .This is in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. When you view a web page that contains advertising provided by one of these third parties, the service provider may place a cookie on or retrieve a cookie from your computer if you have not disabled your browser from receiving cookies.
If you wish, you can prevent cookie files from using (non-personal) information about you by either deleting the cookie folder in your web browser or by putting your browser p rivacy setting s higher . But by doing so will mean that:
(a) your use of the Site will be adversely affected (and quite possibly prevented)
(c) You will not be presented with advertising that reflects the way that you use allweb sites. You find out how to make these changes to your browser on: www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/ .
- Web Beacons
We gather and share anonymous data concerning the usage of the Site by members and travel ling holidaymakers with one or more third-party tracking company for the purpose of reporting website statistics. In this connection, some of the pages you visit on our Site use electronic images placed in the web page code, called pixel tags that can serve many of the same purposes as cookies.
Web beacons may be used to track the traffic patterns of users from one page to another in order to maximize our web site traffic flow.
The site's third-party advertising service providers may also use Web Beacons to recognize you when you visit the Site and to help determine how you found the Site. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information go to http://networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp
- How we protect your privacy
- As indicated we may work with other companies who place cookies or web beacons on our site. These third party companies help operate our site and provide you with additional products and a better service / s. They are subjected to confidentiality agreements and other legal restrictions. Permission is not given to any of these companies to collect personal information using cookies or web beacons on the site.
- Some of these companies are service providers who place cookies that help serve our own content and compile anonymous site metrics and analytics. These companies are required by us to use the information they collect only to provide us with these services under contract.
- We participate in cookie based advertising networks. This means that 3rd. party companies may use some anonymous information about you based on a cookie on your computer to display ads. We do not permit these companies to collect any personal information about you.
- How do I correct my information?
We allow our users the option to change or modify information previously provided. This may be done through the following methods:
- E- Mail firstname.lastname@example.org , or
- Contact us on email@example.com
- How do I opt-out of receiving marketing communications from you?
You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by the following means:
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow the instructions in our communication or newsletter,
- Use the unsubscribe function at www.lupainholidayrentals.com , or
- Email email@example.com
- Commencing immediate after the new version is posted
- How long will we keep your personal data?
- Disclosure for legal reasons
- Your personal data may be disclosed if we or an entity processing your data on our behalf are compelled to do so by law, or receive a valid, legally compliant request by a law enforcement or governmental authority.
- How do I contact you?