Spacious 3 twin-bedroomed Apartment on spectacular land-scaped Complex
Al Sakia Village is a newly completed complex, built on a green field site between Almancil, Vilamoura and Quarteira, which is known as " The Golden Triangle".
The Apartment is fully furnished for comfortable living and is situated on the first floor and consists of 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a spacious lounge and fully fitted kitchen. It has 3 balconies together with a roof terrace with superb 360 degree views of the local Loule hills and the coastline.
The Apartment blocks are low rise set in a quiet tree-lined environment, with security controlled, private leisure facilities set in landscaped gardens. The amenities include a large kidney - shaped swimming pool with jacuzzi, children's paddling pool, bar /restaurant, 2 all - weather tennis courts and a gymnasium and a small supermarket.
Vila Sol Golf Course, which has held the Portuguese Open, is 500 metres from the Complex
Accommodation Summary :
Security door to apartment and entry phone system to Block; fully fitted Kitchen with Utility balcony including washing line; spacious lounge/diner with satellite TV, DVD/video recorder and music centre (an optional music line feeds each room)and a quiet balcony overlooking communal gardens with orange trees, balcony; all bedrooms are fully fitted and feature twin beds; master bedroom with en-suite featuring jacuzzi
No smoking except on Balconies.
Lift access to the property via the secure parking facilities in the basementQuiet semi-rural area, 5 minutes drive to beach, resorts, marina and nightlife. Ideal hideaway.
- Security controlled private Leisure facilities set in extensive landscaped gardens, comprising a large swimming pool, children's paddling pool and apparatus, the popular Italian Bar/Restaurant "Tiramisu" with pool side terrace, gymnasium, sauna and tennis courts.
- Vila Sol Golf Course is at the rear of the Village and the "Aquashow" waterslide park is nearby (longest water coaster in Europe). 12 other quality golf courses are within 10 km, including those at Vilamoura, Vale do Lobo and Quinta do Lago.
- A variety of local cuisine and continental restaurants are within easy reach, including 6 within 2 kms.
- The local beach at Fonte Santa (Trafal) is secluded, long and sandy with bars/restaurants and has beach/watersports hire facilities. Other quality beaches within a few mins.
The Algarve/Central Algarve Region
Internationally recognized as 1 of the best locations for the family with long golden sandy beaches washed by the Atlantic Ocean. Famous for the local's hospitality together with traditions of its fishing industry & country rustic life. Excellent value for food, particularly seafood and traditional Portuguese dishes eg Cataplana, Seafood Rice etc, and local wine.
WEATHER: Traditionally over 3,000 hours of sun each year which equals that of the Costa Brava, California and the French Riviera. In winter it is one of the sunniest spots in Europe but you have to beware of the sea breezes which are very deceptive (masking fierce sun), and skin protection is very important, especially in the summer, when temps can reach 90+ degrees F.
CURRENCY: The Euro. Travellers' cheques are a safe way to carry money. If lost or stolen (can be replaced) and the exchange rate is usually better.Cash dispensers are widely available. Credit cards are accepted in larger Hotels/Rest but not always locally.
Vilamoura/Al Sakia Village Fonte Santa area
AL-SAKIA VILLAGE was constructed on a green field site between Vilamoura, Almancil and Quarteira and was completed in 2004/5. It is in a semi- rural, quiet area but beaches, resorts, restaurants and nightlife are in abundance and within a few minutes drive of the Village. It is excellent for sun, sea, sand, fishing, water sports, , horse riding, walking, sightseeing and has one of Europe's most famous Golf courses in it's back garden. 12 other quality Golf courses are within 10 kms.
QUARTEIRA is amongst Algarve's top resorts with safe bathing & long, sandy beaches running uninterrupted to Faro. Numerous Bars and Restaurants is a feature of the delightfully decorated promenade many serving freshly-caught fish at extremely reasonable prices. It boasts a 13th-century parish church, and the famous Gypsy market is 10 mins walk from the Village.
VILAMOURA is a few minutes drive and boasts a Peurto Banus style Marina with numerous quality bars and restaurants, pubs, nightclubs and casino.
How to get there;
Fly to Faro Airport which is approx 2.5 to 3 hours from London Airports.
- It is a popular destination and is serviced by numerous Airline Operators from the UK. BA, Monarch and Easyjet are most competitive and booking on the Internet is cheaper. Look for midweek flights, if possible avoiding Bank Holidays and School Holiday breaks, for the best deal.
- Taxis are available at the Airport and the cost each way is approximately 25 euros. We also have a meet and greet facility (details on request)
- Bus stop is near the Apartment and runs between Faro and Albefeira via Almancil, Quarteira and Vilamoura.
- Local taxis are available and the fare to Quarteira, Almansil or Vilamoura should be approximately 6/10 euros.
- Full directions and Apartment information will be provided on confirmation of the booking and also the additional services provided at the Village including discounted golf bookings(programmes arranged in advance if required, car rental, boat trips, water parks etc
Posted by Hamish Robertson and family from Edinburgh Review posted on 24-July-2010, 00:00:00
he holiday was excellent and your apartment "first class" Completely "home from home"
Thank you for helping out after the hiccup on Tuesday, nine days was better than none!!
We really loved the "village" and the pool area is the best that we have experienced in our travels.
John and the staff in "Tiramasu" were extremely friendly and helpful and, of course the the food was very good too!!
At the end of the day, we did not hire a car, but got to where we wanted to go by using taxis, which were very reasonably priced.
Jason was also very welcoming and got my son and I a very good deal for a game of golf.
We will certainly consider a return trip!
Posted by The Murtys from Leicester Review posted on 16-August-2008, 00:00:00
"Myself and the family just want to say thank you for the apartment - it was out of this world, very clean and modern. We had a lovely holiday and the kids loved it and really enjoyed Portugal and would definatley return for another visit in the future."
Posted by The Cridlands from Brighton Review posted on 06-September-2008, 00:00:00
"Fantastic time had by all. The apartment was superb and very comfortable - a real home from home. Will definitely come back again and will recommend to our family and friends"
Posted by Chris, Joe and Connor from Bedfordshire Review posted on 10-June-2008, 00:00:00
"The apartment was very accomodating and comfortable. A great location with a fantastic pool and the ability to explore the Algarve"
Posted by Del and Linda Barnby from Middlesex Review posted on 01-September-2009, 00:00:00
"We really had a great time and we can't thank you enough for letting us use your apartment. It really is home from home with all the comforts.
Isn't it well situated too? Bang in the central Algarve with great beaches, interesting places to visit and high quality restaurants where the only difficulty is which one to choose. Those stretches between Fonte Santa, Almancil and Vale de Lobo have some great eating places plus there are plenty of more simple alternatives all within striking distance."
3 bed Holiday Rental Apartment in Fonte Santa Central Algarve Ref:PT18198